fsedu-developers

Re: [Fsedu-developers] oddmuse wiki export (start of)

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [Fsedu-developers] oddmuse wiki export (start of)
Date: 25 Jan 2004 21:09:54 -0600

James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. to be able to use rdf or xml tools on the wiki
> 2. to be able to export the wiki to another wiki

Then what you are really looking for is a universal wiki description
-- well, universal enough for our purposes.  That is, instead of
having to write n^2 translators to move between all wikis, you just
have one format, with <-> translators for each language.  This is how
GNU iconv works.

> 1. to be able to edit rdf later with the web interface

Might be more useful for programs than humans.  wrt goal 1.

> 2. foaf support http://rdfweb.org/topic/FoafProject

I think this is really peripheral, and you can worry about it later.

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

If I were to walk on water, the press would say I'm only doing it
because I can't swim.
                -- Bob Stanfield

argus kibo Montenegro SEAL Team 6 bce subversive ANZUS PGP Rand
Corporation industrial espionage Aldergrove digicash Semtex dictionary
Chobetsu