fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] A first time hello

From: Russell McOrmond
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] A first time hello
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:11:32 -0500

Blaise Alleyne wrote:
For what it's worth, I am willing to help and to participate. However, I don't think I'm fit or able to do it myself either. For one, I'm still a student (third year computer science at UofT). I'd be happy to collaborate with others to get something going though.

This is great to hear. We need to somehow create a critical mass of people who are then able to launch things.

I agree that there is much more to be done outside of funding software development. I think there is still an important role to play without charitable status.

In the interim, I hope you are aware of some of the existing groups doing related work.

http://www.digital-copyright.ca
http://www.cluecan.ca
http://www.goslingcommunity.org

 Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
 rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
 http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

  manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
  portable media player from my cold dead hands!"