fsfe-de

Re: address@hidden: http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/fsf-in-german.html]

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: address@hidden: http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/fsf-in-german.html]
Date: 26 Jul 2001 12:03:56 +0200

 || On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:48:37 -0600 (MDT)
 || Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

 rs> Maybe FSF Europe should have some FSF parties ??

Interesting idea. I'm sure we could contribute many desparate single
male geeks to such a party. :-)

Realistically speaking, throwing such a party would require resources
we do not have at present. But it might be possible to "partner" such
an event if the people organizing it like the idea.

I've been CC'ing this to the open German-speaking FSF Europe mailing
list, maybe someone has contacts to the organizers...

Regards,
                Georg

 rs> From: "Ingo Tomahogh-Willms"
 rs> Subject: http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/fsf-in-german.html
 rs> To: <address@hidden>
 rs> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:00:09 +0200
 rs> Reply-To: <address@hidden>

 rs> Hello everybody!

 >> Did you know that FSF in Germany stands for "Fisch sucht Fahrrad"?
 >> Translation: fish seeks bicycle.  An FSF-party is a singles gathering,
 >> I think.

 rs> Yep, you're right.

 >> I'm not sure whether the expression is widely used.

 rs> Well, I don't know either, but there are regular FSF-Parties in the
Curiohaus in Hamburg (once a month, AFAIK).
 rs> (cf. also http://www.unna-ezine.de/kontakt/, they use the term to describe
their corresponding ads column)

 rs> Have a nice day!
 rs> Ingo.