fsfe-france

[Fsfe-france] Re: pgAdmin is proprietary software

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Re: pgAdmin is proprietary software
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 18:52:28 +0200

 > Question: Are the terms of use for pgAdmin made clear on the website?
 >
 > Answer: Yes.

        I think not. As it turns out, every pgAdmin user I run into is
shocked when I ask her/him to actually read the license terms.  How
could they suspect such licensing terms to apply to a software
distributed under the umbrella of the well know Free Software
dedicated domain postgresql.org ?

        Note that I'm just saying : "read the license, you'll be
surprised". And they draw their own conclusions. They specially like
the "The pgAdmin Development Team may end the licence agreement for
any reason, without notice and without prejudice" part.

        Cheers,

12 bd  Magenta         http://www.eucd.info/      address@hidden