fsfe-law

Re: AOL pour LINUX en danger (Zeon)

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: AOL pour LINUX en danger (Zeon)
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:38:37 -0000

> From: "Zeon" <address@hidden>
> To: <address@hidden>
> Subject: AOL pour LINUX en danger
> Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:51:06 +0200
>
> La maison m=E8re d'AOL viens de faire parvenir une importante lettre =
> (via avocats) au d=E9veloppeur du projet Peng for AOL (un client GPL =
> pour AOL sous Linux). Apparement ce projet nuirait fortement a AOL.
>
> Plus d'information sur http://www.pengaol.org
>
> Nous avons besoin d'aide

Your web page says that AOL says that you're violating their
copyrights.  In fact, AOL's letter says that they're not sure they want
to fight you on the copyright front, but they're upset about the use of
their trademark.  This is a big difference.  You might, under a sane
legal system, be able to fight this trademark case, if you had time.
But you're under UDRP, which is a corrupt system.  So, I would give up
on the name, and save your time and money for the copyright fight.
That's what really matters.

I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

--
-Dave Turner
GPL Compliance Engineer