Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS Website

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS Website
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:48:09 +0000

Richard:

I'll ignore the folly of requiring a particular mail client to be used. ;-)

> Seriously, though, anything that makes a site less accessible (to those
> with poor vision or using text readers, say) is not good.

Indeed, it is not.  I don't think anything Alex has done has caused text
readers serious problems, but I'm acutely aware of vision problems ;-)

> As to helping with content I freely confess that finer matters of
> constitutio ns are beyond my limited brain power. However I'm willing to
> help with more general content about Free Software.

Any comments on general points that I've got wrong would be welcome now
before it's too late.  In the absence of further changes, that will be what
I scribble my signature onto.  Then you get to send in cheques ;-)

> I expect that "what needs to be done" will be one of the things to be
> discussed informally at Sheffield?

Certainly, but some of the past points are on mine and nessie's sites.  If
you can help achieve any of these, please pitch in!  We don't have to wait
for the association before we act, although we have to wait before we can
collect money.

It would be very nice to have press material and membership drive material
available for Thursday too, for example.  We've been asked for an a4 ad in
the past too.  Membership is almost certain to be ten pounds, IIRC, which is
cheaper than most CDs ;-)
--
MJR