[Fsfe-uk] Committee: Proposed Resolution: Finances

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Committee: Proposed Resolution: Finances
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:14:12 +0000

Dear Committee,

Could you please send me off-list your postal addresses in a signed (and
maybe encrypted, your choice) email, please?  I apologise for not thinking
this through and setting the wheels in motion last week, but I was otherwise
occupied, as you know.

I wish to recommend to the association the following resolution.

BANKING RESOLUTION

We note that:

1. The Co-operative Bank has a web site at
http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/

2. The Co-operative Bank offers Community Direct banking for associations,
which is a low-charges version of their Business Direct Services.

3. The Co-operative Bank has an ethical investment policy.

4. Trustees may be appointed in order to speed handling of financial
affairs.

We believe that:

1. The Co-operative Bank is a good fit for an organisation such as ours.

2. Trustees should be appointed.

We resolve that:

1. The Co-operative Bank p.l.c. (the "Bank") shall be appointed our bankers,
shall open and operate the Account(s) (the "Account(s)") on our behalf and
shall provide us with Business Direct Services (the "Service") and, at our
option, with a cash card for use with the Account(s).

2. The Bank shall be authorised to accept instructions (including written
instructions send by facsimile) from us in connection with the Account(s)
and the Service, provided that the instructions are given and/or signed by
the authorised signatories listed in Section 3 of the Bank mandate.

3. Instructions shall mean: cheques, bills of exchange, promissory notes or
other orders for paymentdrawn, made or accepted on our behalf (even if the
payments cause the Account(s) to be overdrawn) and requests or instructions
in writing concerning the Account(s), our organisation's affiars or property
(including the opening of new Account(s) and, the arranging of facilities
and creation of security).

4. The Bank shall be notified in writing of any change of Trustee or
authorised signatory and shall provide the Bank with a copy of any changes
to the Rules.

5. We the Trustees, having carefully considered the Terms and Conditions for
the Account(s), the Service, and the cash card, agree to accept and comply
with the Terms and Conditions.

6. This authority shall remain in force notwithstanding any change in our
constitution, name or membership.

8. Trustees Alex Hudson, Marc Eberhard and MJ Ray be authorised to sign the
Bank mandate on our behalf.

ENDS

PROCEDURE FOR VOTING

This is a Committee resolution for postal vote, in accordance with the
provision in section 10 of the association's constitution.  Only Committee
members need take the following actions.  Comments from ordinary members are
welcome, but may not be acted upon.

1. Please acknowledge delivery of this message in place of a postal copy.

2. Please send a vote clearly marked "BANKING RESOLUTION:" and then "FOR",
"AGAINST" or "ABSTAIN".  If this is done by signed email (in the body of the
message, please, as I still have trouble with MIMEd signatures), I will
acknowledge delivery in place of a postal copy.

NEXT STEPS

Hopefully we can get the above done soon.  My reason for appointing only
three trustees is to allow the bank account to be set up quickly.  The paper
copy of the mandate will still need to visit all three of us before I can
nip to one of my neighbouring cities and open the account.  As soon as I
have postal addresses, I will start it on its journey in parallel with this
vote.  If this vote fails, it will be destroyed.

Thanks for reading that proceduralistic rambling.  If you read this far, you
should feel very virtuous.  Probably you should consider putting yourself
forward as secretary.
- --
MJR