[Fsfe-uk] Re: Lots of little bits

From: Richard Ibbotson
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lots of little bits
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:10:17 +0000

Martyn

> Oh well... NEXT!

Yes...  I got hold of it at the Linux Expo in London last year.  I
was told that "I could do whatever I wanted to do with it".   I
didn't because I've heard the same argument too many times.

I keep saying to people that we need a full scale accounting package
for commercial purposes that is GPL'd and fits in with the Government
PKI initiative.   Such a package would be difficult to refuse.  I
know that several accountants in Sheffield would use such a thing if
they could get hold of it.  Presently they pay about £100 to £300 per
week per user for a windoze package that crashes all of the time.

Thanks

--
Richard