Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [school-discuss] New Schoolforge Members

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [school-discuss] New Schoolforge Members
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:43:19 GMT

Richard Smedley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Education is, of course, a particular interest for many of us. After
> several failed projects to promote Free Software in schools in the UK, I
> hope that tieing it in to a larger campaigning group (the AFFS) will help
> to build support and maintain momentum.

Careful. ;-)

They didn't quite achieve their aims, it is true so they could be called
"unsuccessful", but I think describing them as failed is a little harsh.  At
the very least, they raised awareness of the importance of Free Software to
schools and of schools to Free Software.  I would love the former OSiE
people and so on to get involved in this campaign and help it.
--