Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Full Page Ad in Linux User up for grabs [URGENT]

From: Philip Hands
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Full Page Ad in Linux User up for grabs [URGENT]
Date: 23 May 2002 20:01:47 +0100

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 19:28, Nick Hockings wrote:
> > From: Philip Hands <address@hidden>
>
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Jackie Brown tells me that they can generously offer a freebie ad. to
> > one of our good causes, on condition that they get the copy by tomorrow
> > morning at the latest.
>
> I recomend the FSFE press announcement wrt AFFS becomming an associate.
> 1) Its already written
> 2) It gets people to look at both AFFS & FSFE web sites.

I presume you refer to this:

  http://www.affs.org.uk/news.html

it's a bit dry though isn't it?

I think it needs some tarting up, like having the relevant logos
scattered around at least.  Anyone got time to do this this evening.  I
might be able to do something (much later) but that will be after an
evening in the pub so the results might not be pretty ;-)

Jackie, any chance of your guys doing something decent with this?
Alternatively, how about running it as an extra page of editorial, or
perhaps advertorial (given that the latter would presumably avoid any
contents page changes) ?

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/