Re: [Fsfe-uk] The recent Nigerian mail

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] The recent Nigerian mail
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:44:41 +0100

Mark Sjollema - Route4 Plc wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> just in case anyone doesn't know about this, hasn't heard about it before,
> please check out this URL first:
>
> http://www.scambusters.org/NigerianFee.html
>
> I'm assuming that everyone in this group has seen this kind of stuff before
> but I just wanted to make sure,

I don't think we need to waste bandwidth worrying about it.
After all anyone who joins in a venture to steal money from
the people of a poor country may thoroughly deserve to be
conned :-)

(Some may also think that anyone stupid enough to believe
one of the many copies they get of this - I get 30 or 40 a
week - deseerves all they get. I try to be a little more
charitable in my opinions, but sometimes it's hard ;^/
There are some great lines in there, like "No
record whatsoever exists concerning this money
traceable by the government, because there is no
documentation showing that we received the money from
the anybody." - well it's a good thing that we're all
keeping it secret then, and nobody's put it on a
public mailing list 8-)))

Serious point: when we move the list, some spamming
filters might be in order :-/

- Richard

--

Richard Smedley