Re: [Fsfe-uk] Hello

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Hello
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:06:48 +0100 (BST)

Ramanan Selvaratnam writes:
 > Is there anyone interested in hands on action to break the vicious cycle of
 > non-free 'things' imposed on us?
 > -- ok, to a small extent.... on the software side of things to start with
 > ....but I am sure some of you must be full of other ideas like me.

There is an Oekonux ("Linux Economy") mailing list in Germany, not
hands-on but theoretical.  You might want to look on there.

  "   In Project Oekonux different people with different opinions and
   different methods study the economic and political forms of Free
   Software. An important question is, whether the principles of the
   development of Free Software may be the foundation of a new economy
   which may be the base for a new society."

I don't read their list myself. I think they are looking at it the
wrong way -- free software is not in itself a new phenomenon in my
opinion, just one example of more general principles.

Anyway they recently posted an announcement for their conference:
http://www.oekonux-konferenz.org/invitation/invitation.html
 "From Free Software to Free Society?"

Brian