Re: [Fsfe-uk] GreenNet response to Patent Office copyright consultation

From: Simon Waters
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] GreenNet response to Patent Office copyright consultation
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:41:50 +0000

Marc Eberhard wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 02:33:59AM +0000, Paul Mobbs wrote:
> > http://www.fraw.org.uk/opendir/copyright_directive_report.pdf
> [...]
> > All comment gratefully received.
>
> Just browsed through it. Looks quite different to the AFFS response from
> Simon, but seems to complement it nicely. Let's see, how the UKPTO reacts...

I was impressed by the Green Net response.

Rather than seeing how UKPTO reacts, I think we should start
lobbying MP's (and MEP's just in case).

Found http://www.askyourmp.co.uk/ is a handy index (although
they don't seem to list by constituency - just by county -
presumably in a crisis any M{E}P will do ;-)

Now for some handy lobbying tips from our more experienced
campaigners?

Rather than "canned" responses, how about a few canned
paragraphs - might as well give the minions some variety, or do
they prefer canned letters, as they can say "I received 100
letters from my constituents" without having to read a 100
similar responses ?