Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software patent - any action?

From: Simon Waters
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software patent - any action?
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:14:55 +0000

MJ Ray wrote:

> Can anyone spot any common themes in her biog and
> press releases?

Overuse of Microsoft "web" extensions ;-)

> I have trouble seeing them.

Unsurprising, what happens when you don't have strong open
standards, and stick with them. I sometimes feel "old" when I
explain that computers weren't always so easy to network.

The main themes seem to be what you'd expect, interest in
European politics, left leaning, fighting for the consumer, keen
interest in health related issues, and a desire to communicate
the successes of the current labour government.

I agree we should ask the ffii swpat group if they have
approached her recently, although that would be no reason not to
do so again.

 Simon

Oh and I noticed the labour party webserver runs Apache, last
time I looked it was election time and they were Akamised,
although Arlene's site unsurprisingly is on IIS5.