Re: [Fsfe-uk] How fsfe-uk works :o)

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] How fsfe-uk works :o)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 00:41:10 GMT

Chris Croughton <address@hidden> wrote:
> You would if you used a decent mailer (like, for instance, mutt [...]

Mutt has a history of doing whatever its users have hacked it into doing (eg
it honours djb's nonstandard Mail-Followup-To header) rather than what the
standards expect (eg using List-* to detect lists).  I don't think it's a
particularly good example.

> The problem with group reply is that if the thread involves several
> people, they all get the response twice:

Only if no-one trims.

> [...] And a load of people, like me, get pissed off because they get
> two copies of each message (in separate mailboxes, yet!).

Improve duplicate filtering, or specifically ask not to be cc'd in your
signature.  Both are one-off.  It's a lot easier to deal with than the
problem of unintentionally public emails.

MJR