[Fsfe-uk] Amusing but potentially worrying

From: Paul
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Amusing but potentially worrying
Date: 08 Jun 2003 15:55:16 +0100

Hi,

Just had an email from address@hidden containing a nasty
payload (Bugbear II). Okay, doesn't worry me in the least and knowing
that virii enjoy making up email addresses, doesn't really concern me.

That is until I found 2 things out. address@hidden is a valid
email address and westminister.gov.uk has more open ports than I've ever
come across - it's not just open windows, it's backdoors, front doors,
air bricks and skylights!

Isn't it good to know that the UK govt have decided to become more open
;-p Mind you, it wouldn't hurt if they had decent AV software running...

TTFN

Paul
--
The world is throwing away oppressive regimes
Which don't allow people to choose.