Re: [Fsfe-uk] [comp.os.linux.announce] Manifesto on the role of Open Sou

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] [comp.os.linux.announce] Manifesto on the role of Open Source Software for Development Cooperation
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:50:29 -0000

PFJ <address@hidden> wrote:
> Spotted this on col.announce - looks quite good to me.

I'm not happy on two aspects.  The first is that this thing seems to
talk as if "open source" is the same as "free software" and the freedom
aspects, the bits that could really make a difference to this issue,
are only a footnote.  I can give various paranoid sinister interpretations
of that, as I'm sure you all could.

As ever, I'm not sure what FSF's role in this was, if anything.  It would
be a lot more useful to hear about these things before they happen so
that we can try to make sure FSF engages these groups before they post
long reports.  Maybe some sort of co-ordination could happen through
gnu-friends.org or similar?

The second is that I can't seem to post anything to cola any more ;-)

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."