Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC Article about Linux SCO and Copyrights - BBC calls for

From: ian
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC Article about Linux SCO and Copyrights - BBC calls for statements (fwd)
Date: 30 Aug 2003 10:24:53 +0100

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 01:21, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Whoever wrote this pile of streaming crap needs educating - possibly
> > > with the aid of a spade...
> >
> > Except you won't educate anyone with that invective, you will just
> > further entrench them in their currently held views.
>
> Unfortunately for some so firmly entrenched in the "all from Redmond is
> perfect" camp, it's probably the only way to get them to listen or get
> it through that they're talking codswallop and not doing themselves or
> the organisations they represent and favours with such ill informed and
> incorrect information.

That's how you feel about it as indicated by your parting words. Its
understandable, but I still think that approach will do more harm than
good - well its probably ok for this forum as we are all on the same
side but I think it would be seriously counter-productive outside it.
When was the last time you were persuaded by someone shouting at you?

> Paul
> (it's been a very very very long day....)

Hopefully to-day will be better!

--
ian <address@hidden>