[Fsfe-uk] Big picture

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Big picture
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 14:18:22 +0100

Hello all,

I came across this document trying to understand where we are going.

All a bit scary when predictions for 2010 are made and nothing specific seems to be mentioned of the strategies adopted on software (which should be a major factor in most intermediate skills).

http://tinyurl.com/m32b

More scary when it is suggested that this the course of action not just talk!

Is it not high time organisations like the AFFS step in to advise that the 'Blue chip companies' are not the best options for any 'right framework of training programmes and qualifications and the right overall strategy'?

Ramanan
Freesoftware developer, UK