Re: [Fsfe-uk] Telephony card with free driver

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Telephony card with free driver
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:09:10 +0100

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 12:20, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:
> Anyone know of  a good PCI based telephony card with support for Linux.
> I am not sure whether there are any UK specific features support that
> limit the choice of such cards.
> Free driver is a must though.

Best bet is to ask the GNU Bayonne guys, I would expect.

They say they support Intel/Dialogic and Pika equipment, and both these
manufacturers appear to do PCI cards. Whether or not they require you to
have a BRI/PRI ISDN, or some other such higher-end equipment I do not
know.

If you do find anything useful, I would be interested in the results,
it's something I'm planning on looking at myself.