Re: [Fsfe-uk] Need help transcribing patent debate.

From: Bernhard Kaindl
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Need help transcribing patent debate.
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:37:44 +0200

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, P.L.Hayes wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 September 2003 21:34, James Heald wrote:
> > This morning's patent debate is online (Real Player) at
> >
> > http://europa.eu.int/comm/ebs/schedule.cfm
> >
> > (Go up to 9am-10am, and click on  09h43'58'' on the left)
> >
> > Attached is the start of an attempt at a transcript -- but it's very
> > sketchy, with lots missing, lost, paraphrased or just wrong.
> >
> > I've re-done the first two speeches properly, but it's a slow
> > business, and we need the transcription asap for journalists to be
> > able to read.
> >
> > Could anyone who has any time, please choose a speech, mail this list
> > to let everyone else know which one you've checked out, do a proper
> > transcription, and then email that speech back to the list.
> >
> > I'd be really grateful; and it could be really useful.
> >
> > It shouldn't take too long -- most of the speeches are only about two
> > or three minutes, so together we should be able to get this done
> > really quickly.
>
> Hi all,
>
> I can't get the damn thing to play using mozilla - any chance of someone
> getting and posting the stream url for me?

I've tried mozilla(not the newest version, tough) and konqueror, both failed.

Even an attemt to try it on MacOSX with IE failed, it only seems to work on
a recent Windows install with recent IE with Realplayer installed.

I managed to record the english audio of the debate by using a audio cable
from the speaker output jack to the line in of another computer, I can
upload these files tomorrow anywhere you want, just mail me the location

Alternatively, I can compress them to pieces < 10 MB and mail them, send
me a mail in this case.

Bernhard