Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Re: Free Libre Open Source Software (fwd)

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Re: Free Libre Open Source Software (fwd)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:23:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Tom Coady wrote:

> Actually I was considering hosting the mx server on site, but I guess
> this may not be the cleverest idea given the limitations on security at
> this location. I was also thinking fastmail.fm could be a good solution
> but I agree the interface provided by open webmail looks nicer than
> something like squirrelmail. Is UKPost the org that is setting aside
> some of its profits for FLOSS development?

I run both UKPOST.COM and UKFSN.ORG.

UKFSN (UK Free Software Network) is the ISP that pays all of it's profits
to fund Free Software projects in the UK (managed by AFFS).

The intention is for UKPOST to be the profit centre and hopefully it wont
be too much longer before it becomes profitable.

UKFSN is already profitable and has already paid money to AFFS.

In respect of services provided by each, both provide full email
facilities including unlimited POP3 mailboxes under each domain.

UKPOST's webmail facility doesn't currently handle POP3 only accounts - it
will do once I upgrade to a later version of openwebmail.

UKFSN's webmail is based upon IlohaMail and is a far lighter offering.

I could make an openwebmail installation available for UKFSN users as well
if there were sufficient demand.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/      ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month