Re: [Fsfe-uk] Savage discounts from MS flush OSS desktop from Newham (th

From: Tom Coady
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Savage discounts from MS flush OSS desktop from Newham (the Reg)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:53:43 +0000

James Heald said the following on 23/01/2004 10:20:

More details coming out of Newham:

Yes I saw that, but I am starting to wonder about this story as it changes each time there's a new article. This time they are saying they only got the concessions because netproject had a viable alternative that could be implemented and that Mr Gates is coming to town.

Not to belittle netproject, but how hard can it be to demonstrate viable FLOSS alternatives? And as for Mr Gates, it reminds me of something feudal, like the release of political prisoners to celebrate the King's birthday.