[Fsfe-uk] [centres] Feedback : Survey on open source as a solution for v

From: Adam Moran
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] [centres] Feedback : Survey on open source as a solution for voluntary sector IT needs
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:37:22 +0000

Hi,

I'm forwarding this from the UK Online centres list.

--
Adam
--- Begin Message --- Subject: [centres] Survey on open source as a solution for voluntary sector it needs Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:19:23 -0000

Deborah Hart

Message starts ...

further to the debate about open source, several people have mentioned to us
that SCIP should develop its use and advocacy of open source software and I
am aware that if we decided to start adopting it seriously we would need to
begin planning changes to our training courses and technical support

this is a difficult, sometimes controversial question to address and I think
we would benefit some insight from different people - so I've set up a
survey at surveymonkey so we can ask people what they think

It's at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=9862357645

I'd be grateful for your involvement in this and will publicise the results
once we have enough to be worth evaluating [sort of suck it and see I
guess?]

All comments to me, thanks

Mark Walker
SCIP
Sussex Community Internet Project  http://www.scip.org.uk

 ... Message ends

**  Conet archive can be seen at:
http://lists.access-it.org.uk/ukco.org.uk/archive/conet/

UK Online Centres and Public Access were discussed at some length over the
past few months.