Re: [Fsfe-uk] Zope UK?

From: Tom Chance
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Zope UK?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:49:21 +0100

On Friday 23 Apr 2004 23:36, James Heald wrote:
> Alex Hudson wrote:
> > Hey everyone.
> >
> > Does anyone here have anything to do with, or had any contact with, the
> > "Zope UK Association"?
> >
> >     http://www.zopeuk.org/
> >
> >     http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/23/open_source_trade_association/
> >
> > Supposedly this is a general "Open Source" organisation, although it
> > does seem quite plainly aimed at Python/Plone/Zope. It would be useful
> > to know if anyone here is part of it before we go trying to contact them
> > separately :D
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Alex.
>
> As a Content Management System, Zope has been very successful in
> establishing itself with a lot of continental governments and public
> organisations... [snip]

If it's of any use, I've been involved with a project involving People &
Planet and Christian Aid, who are developing a major new active supporter web
site based on Plone, aimed at the UK but mostly written by a team of
Christian Aid programmers in India (I'd love to hear someone whine about
offshoring to them!).

Maybe it's not really that relevant to the original post, but given that, for
example, Greenpeace UK have also been making siginificant inroads into using
Free Software, NGOs' tech depts. might be an avenue to explore re: promoting
Free Software, fighting software patents, etc.

Regards,
Tom