Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC Help

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC Help
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 14:40:33 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Alex Hudson wrote:

> > If anyone has a microphone (with a reasonably long cable!)  I can plug one
> > into the camera.
>
> I have an active shotgun mic that would probably be perfect, and could
> be mounted on the camera itself if you have a shoe. I would be loathe to
> put it on a string because we have no phantom power, but I don't know
> personally how big the room is.

The camera is a consumer one (Panasonic NV-DS11) so there is no shoe for
an external microphone.

Is it safe to assume that the mic can otherwise me safely used?

> I will test it this evening, but it should be in reasonable working
> order.

Is it?

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/      ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month