Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: ECF/ESF

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: ECF/ESF
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:59:39 +0100

On 2004-10-09 21:45:31 +0100 Chris Croughton <address@hidden> wrote:

You snipped the part where I talked about context

Apologies. You are verbose enough that I feel I must cut.

-- free society and
free enterprise apply to people, not to objects. [...]

Free enterprise is an activity, not a description of people. Still not an object, I agree. If you want an object example of this free meaning, try "free hand" or any one of a vast number.

And with "free software", the main point to most people is that they
don't have to pay anything. [...]

Oh well, at least we can be reasonably sure what misunderstanding we are trying to overcome.

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Speaking at ESF on Sat 16 Oct - http://www.affs.org.uk/