[Fsfe-uk] Sad innit?

From: Paul Mobbs
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Sad innit?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:04:06 +0000

Sad innit? -- kids being taught to think "inside the box" rather than "outside
the box", and definitely not out of their gourds!

Pity people haven't got more time to produce an alternative view -- anyone
read Courtney Loves, "Courtney Does the Math"?

P.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4055753.stm

Pupils to get anti-piracy lessons
By Caroline Briggs
BBC News entertainment reporter

Lessons on music piracy and copyright issues are to be taught to secondary
school pupils in the UK.

The lessons, aimed at 11 to 14-year-olds, will introduce them to copyright -
including the issues of downloading from the internet and the illegal copying
of CDs - and its role in protecting creativity.

 Music piracy, including illegally swapping music online, costs the UK music
industry millions every year and has been blamed for a decline in world-wide
CD sales.

British Music Rights (BMR) - which was formed to represent the interests of
songwriters and composers - worked with education experts to put together a
learning pack.

<SNIP>

--

==============

"We are not for names, nor men, nor titles of Government, nor are we for
this party nor against the other but we are for justice and mercy and
truth and peace and true freedom, that these may be exalted in our
nation, and that goodness, righteousness, meekness, temperance, peace
and unity with God, and with one another, that these things may abound."
(Edward Burroughs, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul Mobbs, Mobbs' Environmental Investigations,
tel./fax (+44/0)1295 261864

email - address@hidden
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mobbsey/index.html