Re: [Fsfe-uk] Rules/Constitution

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Rules/Constitution
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:33:56 +0000

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 14:12 +0000, John Seago wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 Dec 1969 23:59, Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
> (Yes that is how the Fsfe-uk Digest, is dated when it arrives at my end).

Hehe, how interesting :)

I guess something cannot parse the date at some point.

> > If we were going to go the incorporation route, the sensible choice
> > would be to register as a CIC...
>
> Could you please tell me what a CIC is?

Sorry. It's a "Community Interest Company" - it's a specific structure
designed for organisations like ourselves, and is a more flexible form
of company (there are weaker rules about how they are run, but there are
also stronger rules about ensuring the community interest is served....)

They were legislated only quite recently - last October? - so they are
also a bit of an unknown quantity, and whether or not there are
peculiarities that are unsuited to our cause (for example, in the way a
Charity structure is) I don't know.