Re: [Fsfe-uk] FAST bullying tactics in schools

From: adam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] FAST bullying tactics in schools
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:42:23 +0000

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 11:55:15AM +0000, Ian Lynch wrote:
> I have just had a rather disturbing phone call from a client school.
> Apparently some FAST (Federation against Software Theft) bully has just
> been scaring them to death about software licensing, mentioning prison
> sentences and such like and then offering to audit their systems if they
> pay £5000.

Coo, I would tell the school to speak to their legal beagles at the LEA
(or whoever deals with this) and see if they can do nasty things back at
FAST and at the same time the school involved should of course remind
all the other schools about software licensing and inform them of the
alternatives.

Adam
--
jabberid = address@hidden