[Fsfe-uk] Free PCs (possibly) up for grabs

From: Philip Hands
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Free PCs (possibly) up for grabs
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 00:13:50 +0000

Hi,

I may be able to get hold of some (about 20) PCs, ranging from something
like PII 400MHz to PIII 700MHz.  I'm not sure that all of them have things
like RAM or Hard Drives, but many of them should have.  It is quite likely
that I can find bits to fill at least some of the gaps.

If you have a use for these, preferably something like donating them to a
school or charity, then get in touch and I'll see what I can do to make
them available.

I'd hope to get them installed with GNU/Linux (preferably Debian or
Ubuntu), and would be willing to help with any realistic project to get
them used effectively.

Apparently I need to commit to taking them fairly soon, and I don't fancy
filling my garage with them for the next six months and then finding that I
need to pay to dispose of them, so please don't just ask me to grab them
without first making sure that you've got something useful to do with them.

Cheers, Phil.