Re: [Fsfe-uk] EUCD for Xbox

From: Adam Bower
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] EUCD for Xbox
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:35:05 +0100

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 10:18:15AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Speaking of appearing at pop concerts to promote consoles, this BBC
> report describes the first EUCD attack on selling modified consoles:

I'm not so certain that it wasn't the 80 games installed on the hard
disk that got him into trouble. Is there any way of getting hold of the
details of the court case, what he was charged with and why he was
sentenced that way? I also have a feeling, but I am not entirely certain
that the Xbox mod chips contains portions of the Xbox bios so would be
breaching Microsofts copyright (I am not an Xbox modder and never have
been, does anyone know better?).

Adam
--
jabberid = address@hidden