Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Info] Shibboleth

From: Stuart Yeates
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Info] Shibboleth
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 10:32:24 +0100

MJ Ray wrote:
> Graham Seaman <address@hidden>

>>Or cut out the middleman and go straight to BECTAs own announcement:
>>http://www.becta.org.uk/corporate/display.cfm?section=22&id=4665
>

> That page mentions July 2005. Is this new news or not?
>
> Do any of our school-linked readers plan to use this? Is it realistic?
> I didn't find anything about shibboleth on www.schoolforge.org.uk

HE and FE (led by the JISC) are definitely moving in this direction,
and one of the things they're looking to use it for is build
inter-institutional links, including those to feeder schools.

I recently blogged about this:
http://connect.educause.edu/folksonomy/shibboleth

Around here our implementation of choice is http://www.guanxi.uhi.ac.uk/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/guanxi/