Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC ClickOnline: "Open source turns money-spinner"

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC ClickOnline: "Open source turns money-spinner"
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:03:10 +0000

<address@hidden>
> "Open source turns money-spinner"
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/4407742.stm
>
> There is a video stream, but it is only available in RealNetworks's format:

Also available as WMV (which ffmpeg seems to decode) at
http://www.bbcworld.com/content/template_clickonline.asp?pageid=666&co_pageid=2
(got to love the pageid) which seems like a pretty full
transcript anyway or you can watch it on BBC World satellite
at 0130 or 0730 GMT tomorrow as it flies past for the last time.

It's pretty painful, confusing commercial/free/free/open/work/play
and much else besides. I thought it was a really unoriginal and
fairly dull package, wheeling out the usual suspects who aren't
doing much interesting and don't seem to have much new to say.
I'll email the programme, but I'm not sure where to start...
...any suggestions?

--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask