Re: [Fsfe-uk] Avoiding having to use proprietary software and closed for

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Avoiding having to use proprietary software and closed formats
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:27:06 +0100

Mark Preston <address@hidden>
> I would like some advice on rewording the clauses below to ensure I do
> not have to use any proprietary software or closed formats in my
> dealings with my local PCT.

Talk to the PCT manager who will be signing the contract on
their behalf and get their agreement to the change. Talk with
your legal adviser if you can.

> I am particularly interested in changing
> clause 173 part 1 where it states "*in such format, and at such
> intervals or within such time period, as the PCT specifies; " . I would
> like to add something like "provided it is an open format, and does not
> require the use of proprietary software, or software impinged by patents"

Could you just add "open, patent-free" before format?

Good luck!
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask