Re: [Fsfe-uk] Should Creative Commons Make Software Licenses?

From: Jon Grant
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Should Creative Commons Make Software Licenses?
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:17:01 +0000

Hi guys,

>> Also, I wish they wouldn't put stuff out in proprietary formats like
>> Flash. IMHO They should get their own house in order before they offer to
>> help others!
>
> I called them on that, including RMS on my email and asked specifically why
> a board member of the FSF (ie. Lessig) would promote non-free software...
>
> 24 hours later, it started to be fixed.

Maybe I should have tried that then. I only ever emailed them
individually as
I recall.

I emailed Lessig about QuickTime files on his site:
http://free-culture.org/freecontent/

Lessig links to Leonard Lin's page with remixes of the "free culture"
presentation, I sent Leonard a PDF of the Powerpoint slides, and an ogg of
the mp3, emailed a reminder or two, but he never put them up.
http://randomfoo.net/oscon/2002/lessig/

Cheers
Jon