Re: [Fsfe-uk] Today: send a letter to stop MS's OOXML being fast-tracked

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Today: send a letter to stop MS's OOXML being fast-tracked in ISO
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 12:44:11 +0000

Ciaran,

This may not be the best advice for the UK.

The BSI contacts were specifically removed from the GrokDoc pages
because the people on the IST committee (who are handling this) were
getting _seriously_ pissed off at the anti-OXML brigade.

It's worth pointing out that some of the feedback we were getting from
them makes me think the initial e-mails were valued and taken on board;
trying to push the point home further risks damaging earlier good work.