Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:23:45 +0000

"Andrew Savory" <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 1/24/08, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> > This list should be back to filtering/stripping html now, instead
> > of simply blocking it.
>
> Perhaps, given it's 2008 and in the wider world outside our bubble
> HTML has become commonplace, we might consider letting through HTML
> emails? It might do us some good to see what regular folks do with
> their emails.

I'm not keen because: it's usually duplication which adds no content;
lists.gnu.org is already overloaded sometimes and doubling the size of
each outgoing message would make things worse; and html'ing emailers
make the same sort of painful colour/font screwups as unskilled
webmasters.

I welcome other opinions on this.  Please email address@hidden
and I'll summarise in a week.  If there's a consensus to change, I'll
change the settings to let html multiples through.

Regards,