[Fsfe-uk] BECTA

From: Ian Lynch
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] BECTA
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 14:13:22 +0100

Hi all,

BECTA, the government schools IT agency has put out a tender for an Open
Source schools project. I'm preparing a bid with Schoolforge-UK and
other community members with a specific interest in schools and
education and would like to name AFFS as a supporter if that is
possible. I want to be able to demonstrate broad community support. The
main aspects will be developing learning resources for schools under
free licenses, education about FOSS and developing and supporting  a
schools FOSS community in England. This was largely what SF-UK was
originally set up to do, this will just provide funding to do it better.

Ian
--
New QCA Accredited IT Qualifications
www.theINGOTs.org