fsfwww-translators-es-discuss

[FSF] Keeping the mailing list organized

From: Luis A Morán Morales
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 22:53:23 -0400

Hello all,

I think we can get a bit more organized in the mailing list if we
remember to use tried-and-true email conventions. To that end, I have a
few suggestions.

First, make sure to post new topics/threads as new messages, not as
replies to unrelated threads. This is particularly important when the
admins post new entries to be translated. Otherwise, a thread that
started with "Subject A" has replies with unrelated "Subject B" and so
forth, making it really messy and difficult to follow threads. So
remember, hit *compose* for brand new topics, and *reply* if you're
actually responding to a particular message. Don't hit reply as a
"shortcut" to compose a new message. (And no, I'm not picking on anyone;
we've all done it at some point).

Second, within the body of an email, it's easier to follow what the
writer is trying to say if he/she uses bottom-posting and interleaved
style.

Interleaved style

Bottom-posting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting