fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: Fsuk-manchester Digest, Vol 12, Issue 12

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: Fsuk-manchester Digest, Vol 12, Issue 12
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:14:16 +0100

On 16/06/2008, Paul Robinson <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 16 Jun 2008, at 22:29, Matt Lee wrote:
> >
> > > I was reading about how to promote free software in here, and I thought,
> > > Have been at different universities?
> > >

> > Paul: What's going on at Manchester? RMS was there recently...
> >

>  That might change soon - there is still a plan, I believe, for more WiFi
> and getting people out of labs and onto their own laptops. At that point,
> everything is up for grabs and arranging something for Fresher's Week with
> Compsoc (if they still exist) might be a plan, especially if it involves
> giving discs away for free.

As far as I know the students are all away on holiday at the moment
and Compsoc exists in name only I think. There is another 'computer
users' society and they might have a stall at fresher's fair, but I
don't actually know who they are.

I'm not sure that an appearance at fresher's fair is the right way to
go, but getting the computer users society on board might be worth a
try.