fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mission statement - request for comments

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mission statement - request for comments
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:31:35 +0100

Simon Ward wrote:
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:04:23PM +0100, Michael Dorrington wrote:
I feel “copyleft” grates more:  It is covered by “free software” but is
also very general—it doesn’t feel “right” after “in particular”.
I agree that copyleft also grates! :) Maybe better wording can make it flow. But copyleft is not "covered" by free software and it is an important additional concept.

Copyleft is a means of advancing free software and so comes under the
free software umbrella.

{Free,Net,Open}BSD folks might disagree with that.

M.