fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Us Now

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Us Now
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:18:12 +0100

2009/6/24 Jonathan Davis <address@hidden>:
> Hello there,
>
> I've just returned from a one-off screening (and director's Q+A) of
> 'Us Now' [1] at the Cornerhouse in Manchester. Essentially it's a
> documentary about the power of mass collaboration, government and the
> Internet, featuring interviews with leading thinkers such as Clay
> Shirky, Tom Steinberg of MySociety, George Osborne and Ed Miliband. It
> also had some discussion of 'Open Source' software ('Free Software'
> would have been nice, but hey, you can't have everything!) and
> included a brief interview with Linux kernel developer Alan Cox [2].
> I've been told that it will be screened on More4 in early July,
> although it can also be watched online [3] or downloaded via
> Bittorrent. As a nice bonus, all the raw interview footage used to
> make the film has been released [4] under a Creative Commons licence.

Sounds worth watching. I didn't know about the showing at the
Cornerhouse, but I'll download it when I get chance. Although, sadly
they don't appear to have made the finished film available under a CC
license (unless I've missed it?).

On a related note I'm going to OpenTech next weekend. Is anyone else
going to be there?