fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Launchpad Freed

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Launchpad Freed
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:23:31 +0100

Matt Lee wrote:
On 07/21/2009 07:08 PM, Tim Dobson wrote:

Even the build system and codehosting bit?

Really does seem like all of it, yes.

If you are telling me this then I feel like I should believe it but I had to check for myself anyway:

from:
http://blog.launchpad.net/general/launchpad-is-now-open-source

We released it today under the GNU Affero General Public license, version 3.
> Note that although we had previously announced that we’d be holding
back  two components (codehosting and soyuz), we changed our minds:
> they are included — all the code is open.

So indeed it does seem like they have.

I'm surprised, but very pleased. I wonder if this will result in much closer collaboration between the gNewSense and Ubuntu release teams - as I understand, lack of free infrastructure on Ubuntu's side was one of the reasons Gobuntu & gNewSense didn't make it a joint effort...

I sincerely hope the landscape server side software and ubuntuone server side software follow soon - we need to keep on pushing canonical to release these cloud service things under AGPL.

Tim