fsuk-manchester

[Fsuk-manchester] Girl Geek Tea Party v6 - Introduction to Wordpress - S

From: Liz Hardwick
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Girl Geek Tea Party v6 - Introduction to Wordpress - Sign Up Now
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 13:50:16 +0000 (GMT)

For More Info and to Book Your Place - http://girlgeekteaparty.eventbrite.com/

Introduction to Wordpress

When: Sunday, 25/07/2010, 2-4.30pm
Where: MadLab, Manchester's Hackspace in the Norther Quarter www.madlab.org.uk
(36 Edge Street)

Who:Girl Geeks, bring along anyone you like! Your friends, sisters,
mums, cousins, daughters, colleagues... who might be interested in
doing some techy stuff... Even boys can come if you want to bring them
as your date!

But more importantly, What:
Jordan Hatch (http://jordanh.net / @1jh) will help us venture into the
world of Wordpress, a very popular content management system that is
used as the basis for many websites and blogs! You will learn how to
install and set up Wordpress from scratch on a web server, which gives
you much more freedom than the blogs offered on wordpress.com.

Please note: Level of experience required: Basic HTML and CSS skills,
experience with using
web interfaces and perhaps Wordpress as an author / editor would be
helpful. Having heard the words MYSQL database and FTP before would
help, but absolutely no worries if not - we're doing step-by-step
instructions. As always, the workshop will be very basic and there
will be some volunteers to help out when you're stuck!

If in doubt: come along and see what it's like, we're here to help you
explore things. And if all else fails, there's always tea and
biscuits :)

Bring along...?
•Your laptop (with working WiFi) to get involved with the hands-on
parts of the Wordpress workshop.
•Your favourite mug
•Your favourite biscuits, cupcakes, tea, coffee (we'll have the
basics, but in case you fancy something slightly more
interesting... :)
•Your friends, sisters, mums, cousins, daughters, colleagues... who
might be interested in doing some techy stuff.

Many thanks again to Madlab for letting us use their space & giant
teapot! Check www.madlab.org.uk for more information & directions.

For More Info and to Book Your Place - http://girlgeekteaparty.eventbrite.com/