fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Omniversity of Manchester - Internet of Things Cou

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Omniversity of Manchester - Internet of Things Course
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 14:43:33 +0000

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 01:00:15PM +0000, Michael Dorrington wrote:
> > [Madlab] are seeking to provide more courses, and want to know what people
> > are interested in.  Please complete the survey:
> >
> > https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/madlab.org.uk/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dFZBaXVsdFRtWG84UmpBOUdmeFBGOUE6MQ#gid=0
>
> I didn't post that link because it requires the use of non-free software.

Arguably, yes it does, but that’s Madlab’s software freedom at stake
more than it is yours.

> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html

This article is something to bear in mind if you are considering using
such web applications, but you are not required to use Google Docs to
complete the survey above.  The form is a simple HTML form, and may be
completed and submitted with Javascript disabled.

There is an argument for boycotting any site or anyone that uses
non‐free software in an attempt to reduce the use of free software, but
I find that impractical… I browse to a lot of web sites, regardless of
whether they use Apache or Microsoft IIS for example.  If I didn’t use
Header Spy and Wappalyzer in Firefox, I wouldn’t even know what
technologies are in use on a large number of sites.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall