fsuk-manchester

[Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: [HacktionLab] paid job to set up 3 linux computer

From: Yuwei Lin
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: [HacktionLab] paid job to set up 3 linux computers in stoke-on-trent, tuesday 15 april
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 17:20:48 +0100

List members might be of interest in this...

Best wishes,
Yuwei

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: helen varley jamieson <address@hidden>
Date: 7 April 2014 09:06
Subject: [HacktionLab] paid job to set up 3 linux computers in
stoke-on-trent, tuesday 15 april
To: address@hidden

hi everyone,
i'm a lurker on this list - i don't live in the uk so haven't
participated in any of your events but i'm an interested lurker :)

at the moment i'm working on a project in stoke-on-trent for which i'm
going to need a bit of help & i wondered if there was anyone on this
list in that area who might be interested & able. it's an interactive
theatre/digital arts project for 9-13 year olds in libraries in stoke
on trent, & i'm the digital artist on the project. we are creating a
kiosk where the kids will input story endings, there are 3 computers
with touchscreens & i need to set it up on tuesday 15th april (that's
next week).

i am going to need help to:
- install hard drives & RAM into 3 zotac boxes
- hook the boxes up to Elo touchscreens
- install linux (crashbang is the recommended version)
- attach peripherals (keyboards, webcams)
- & have everything up & running.

i haven't done this before, so i'm guessing that with the help of
someone who has experience in this kind of install it is maybe half a
day's work? there is payment.

if there is anyone out there who is interested in this job, please
contact me asap; & please forward this on to anyone you know who might
be interested.

thanks very much,
h : )
--