g-wrap-dev

First changeset (build system)

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: First changeset (build system)
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 18:42:33 +0100

Hi!

I've put together the first changeset and have attached it for
revison. I have produced this stuff using GNU Arch/TLA, (meaning you
can ignore the changes to arch-specific files). I have made an arch
branch of following the CVS trunk, as well as a private branch where I
commit my changes to. I'll explain shortly how this all works:

I've set up a directory that is both an arch and a CVS working copy,
corresponding to the --cvstrunk arch branch and CVS HEAD,
respectivly. I can run tla-cvs-sync in this directory to sync between
these two (updating the working copy from CVS and committing the
changes to arch and vice versa). On my private branch, I develop
stuff, committing to it as I move along. Once I think (parts) of my
changes are ready for integration into CVS, I'll post a message here
with an attached changeset for discussion and review. If the changeset
is deemed OK, I can merge it into the --cvstrunk branch and then run
tla-cvs-sync to get it into CVS. Hope this makes intended process
clear (to a degree ;-).

For the sake of allowing me keeping the arch --cvstrunk branch up to
date, it would be very good for me to have commit rights on the g-wrap
CVS. I will promise of course to discuss every change here first, as
outlined above.

The show-changeset output attached doesn't include added files, only
diffs against existing ones. You can grab a full copy of my branch
with TLA, though:

tla register-archive address@hidden
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9926584/arch/2003-main
tla get address@hidden/g-wrap--rotty--0.1 g-wrap--rotty

Anyway, here is the changeset report. The changeset includes mostly
buildsystem fixes, the rationale should be clear from the ChangeLog
diff.

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Python is executable pseudocode, Perl is executable line-noise.