g-wrap-dev

test report for 1.9.2

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: test report for 1.9.2
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 20:05:50 -0400

First, I installed guile-slib without any trouble except that the
tarball had no top-level INSTALL, but I figured out quickly that one should

  mkdir build && cd build && ../src/configure --prefix=/usr/pkg && gmake &&
sudo gmake install

(choosing /usr/pkg to match guile in my case).

configure ran fine for g-wrap 1.9.2 (again /usr/pkg), and I found two
problems that prevented it from building (NetBSD/i386 2.0ish, with
guile 1.6.4).

In g-wrap/Makefile.am, GUILE_CFLAGS are not included in AM_CPPFLAGS,
so the include of libguile/scmconfig.h in alloca.c fails.
Adding $(GUILE_CFLAGS) to AM_CPPFLAGS in Makefile got by this.

Second, I got an error that libtool could not link a non-libtool .o
file.
The problem was that alloca.o was included (from @ALLOCA@) in LDADD,
rather than being conditionally listed as a source file for the
library, and while alloca.o got built, a PIC version for the .so
didn't get built.  Adding alloca.c in SOURCES and removing it from
LDADD allowed the build to succeed, and then gmake install worked.

gmake check succeeded, except for complaining that it could not find
runtest.