g-wrap-dev

Re: G-Wrap 1.9.4 released

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: G-Wrap 1.9.4 released
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:57:15 +0100

[CC'ing G-Wrap Development list]

Byron Hale <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> What do you think about inter-operation with SML 97?
> I do like static typing for large programs.

You mean extending G-Wrap so that it can spit out glue code for SML?
This would certainly be an interesting project; but there already seem
to be such generators, e.g. ml-nlffigen. I however don't use SML
(yet?), so I can neither compare these tools with G-Wrap nor provide
insight into the feasability of extending G-Wrap to handle SML (if you
give me links to the C API/FFI of SML, I might be able to say a bit
more). Altough G-Wrap currently only supports the Guile/C combo, the
1.9 series has the Guile-specific parts cleanly factored out, so it
should be well prepared for the addition of new languages.

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Any technology not indistinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
   -- Terry Pratchett